We don’t want to give too much away about our ‘Winter Performance Project’ at present, but what we can tell you about the show is…
- Where: Outdoors in the centre of Rothesay.
- When: Friday 10th and Saturday 11th December.
- What: A multi-media and live action show, with some pre-recorded sequences and other sequences performed live.
- …What else: Each performance will last around half an hour (so there’s no time to get too cold!) and there will be more than one performance each evening (depending on numbers, demand for tickets and covid restrictions pertaining at the time).
Here’s how you can get involved:
1. October Holidays – 5 days of activities in the first week of the holidays
These activities will allow children to create some of the multi-media elements of the show in advance. Children will need to attend daily from 11th– 15th October.
|10am-11am||5+||Sound Effects Group||Creating and recording sound effects.|
|11-12noon||8+||Soundscape Group||Creating spoken word and music recordings.|
|12.30-2pm||11+||Design Group||Working with a professional designer to create the set for the show.|
|2.30-4pm||5+||Filmed Drama Group||Creating a short film to be used as a projection during the show.|
2. After-school and Evening Groups- six weeks from 25th October
Each of the following groups will meet once a week for 6 weeks leading up to the show Children and young people must commit to attending every week and to attend final rehearsals and two evenings of performances during week commencing 6th December. Some of the rehearsals will take place outdoors.
|Mondays||6.30-8pm||11+||Film & Tech Crew||Editing filmed sequences and helping with sound and visual effects for the show.|
|Tuesdays||4-5.30pm||11+||Design & Lighting Team||Creating the set and lighting for the show.|
|Wednesdays||4-5.30pm||8+||Drama Group 1||Rehearsing and performing- this group is suitable for those who are confident speakers and creative writers.|
|Thursdays||4-5.30pm||8+||Drama Group 2||Rehearsing and performing- this group is suitable for those who enjoy physical movement and jumping around.|
Places are limited, successful applicants will be asked to pay a non-returnable fee of £15 which will contribute to the costs of putting on the show.
So…how do your apply for a place for your child?! Simply fill in an application form for them here before midnight on Monday 27th September 2021!
Project Funded by: